Manual Assembly Workstation and Virtual Training using Noitom VR Gloves in VR
The advanced interactivity in VR can be used in order to create specific tasks that needs to be performed in a certain order, so that the end product will work as expected.
This idea, applied to a Manual Assembly Workstation, can be used to show an operator all the needed operations that are necessary to assembly a product together, making the operator up to date with the tasks he will perform, even before the product has been built:
Using the Noitom Hi5 VR Gloves the immersion and feedback during all the various operations is very natural and realistic.
Using advanced interaction and custom features a Virtual Welding Station has been developed in order to show how to use the tools needed for the welding of components.
The power of game engines allows the use of Virtual Reality in many working fields, and one of the most effective way to show all the potentials of the technology is to apply Virtual Reality to a Car Configurator setup.
Using a CAD model the engine is capable of showing the car in realtime, using a combination of physically based materials, add full interactivity with the car itself and showing also realtime cross sections, usefull in order to explore the car in all its detail.
- Full Interactivity using VR Gloves/Vive Controllers
- High quality physically based materials
- Close inspection of components and "exploded view"
- Realtime car paint selection and car configurator setup
- Realtime Cross Section
Assembly Machine Simulations
Enter Reality focus towards working environment helps companies to have an accurate and realistic scenario of the projects customers wants to develop.
Being able to have a preview of the entire project built in Virtual Reality allows the designer to have an overview of all the features that will be built and also to prevent and solve any possible issues related to security and functionality, making this solution a money and time saver.
The possibility to customize the entire project means that this solution can be used in various ways, from a design review between customer and designer to virtual training for line operators.
- Fully interactive and simulated assembly line ( linear, rotative, manual workstations )
- Shared VR environment for design reviews and project status
- Virtual Training for line operators
- Security simulations for machinery operations
- Virtual prototyping simulations for new products development
Freedom of movement in VR has always been a huge issue which is slowly being taken care of, but since we want to expand the use of VR, we developed one of the most advanced and affordable solution, which allows the user to use their entire body to walk an interact inside a VR environment.
We built our technology using:
- Unreal Engine 4
- Motion Capture Suit by Perception Neuron
- Oculus Rift DK2
- MSI VR One
Project presentation and interactivity using Virtual Reality makes still image something from the past, since the degree of customization that can be integrated into Architectural Visualization projects is the major key.
Many features are available such as:
- Day/Night cycle for lighting study
- Materials chooser for realtime preview ( realtime material swap for floors, walls, furnitures )
- 3D Models realtime placement using Vive Controllers
- Interactive lights and doors